Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Weekend Shoot With TV9


When you have grown up daughters, you have no choice but to listen to their criticisms, on going naggings about what to wear, what you need (for a TV shoot for goodness sake!) and which beauty products are the best. One time, I got so fed-up and perplexed I walked out of Sephora cause I couldn't take it anymore! I didn't know much about makeup and yet I was told I DIDN'T KNOW about makeup. Well yeaa! Just please tell me something I didn't know hokayyy .. ! *what's all the fuss? almost gave up on getting new makeup for the TV shoot. yup, went on sulking mode for a minute there*

I took deep breaths and got myself a lipstick and pretty lipgloss at MAC. Then went over to Parkson and bought Chanel foundation and Clinique easy to rinse mascara. Eye shadow with blusher multicolor quad case I bought at Sephora, my first time at Sephora since opening its doors to Kuching. Yup! I'm always the last person. HnM has been in Kuching for a week, no. I've not gone. I'll swing by probably end of this month, maybe.. The reason why I haven't gone?? I'm pretty sure the queue at the payment counters would take forever. So, I can wait.

The preparations > > >  Makeup, check!

Tudungs...

Another headache. Only managed to squeeze time to look for my tudungs a week before the shoot. I had to settle with what I found. Got to know about inner magic from facebook and purchased a couple after getting bits of input from a colleague about which pattern is most suitable for my big face O_O

Then I was ready!


Or so I thought.. 


Only when everything is over, the things that kept bugging were...

** shouldn't have worn too bright

** should have worn the other top, with one of my blazers

** shouldn't have put on too much makeup

should erf.. should eff... non stop should erf 

-__-


But nothing beats the experience!

This is my very first time ever being interviewed on TV. There were times the producer kept.. "One more time. One more... One more ladies.."

I thought, you could do that a hundred times darlin' I won't mind it ;)


Sunday morning



It was a full two day shoot. By Sunday morning, I was already looking so puffy from feeling so tired and dehydrated after shooting a day before in the beautiful weather at Sarawak Cultural Village. Itttt WAS scorchinggg hot ohhh myyyyy and all I said to myself was, 

'KEEP SMILING , KEEEEEEEP SMILING!'

Imagine. That was also the first time I wore hijab. Allahu Akbar! Thank you God for getting me through the day! Alhamdulillah, I did not faint embarrassing myself or gave the Hijabstailista TV9 crew any big problems. Simply followed the producer's instructions, pretended as if we were all shooting in a 20 degrees weather, smiled smiled smiled and avoided anything that could cause myself from tripping. 

Atif the sweet producer said, just be yourself, and chat away as if it's an ordinary day.. yeaaaa right o_o

I was sweating under my armpits even we were shooting indoors with two airconds turned on with fans at every corner! Nerve wrecking. So nerve wrecking when the cameras were rolling but was a whole load of fun! ;)


Saturday morning



Brought daughter Ayu along as my assistant :)
Thanks my angel! :*


With @faatinakib (find her on instagram), the beautiful TV9 Hijabstailista host and fellow Sarawakian designer, Nisha of @theikats (she has like almost 20k followers on instagram!)

We met online sometime last year ;)
Purchased a super cool cardigan from her, and she purchased a hanicomb necklace.. 
.. but this was the first time we saw one another eye to eye *heart*

hahhaa.. I was not born to model :P


Sunday afternoon


Thank you so much to Hijabstailista TV9 for the rare opportunity.
It was such a memorable experience, missing the crews so much.
Hopefully one day we'll meet again in shaa Allah.. 

1 comment:

Tia said...

Congrats dear!!
Happy for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...