Saturday, May 5, 2012

Women's Institutes 50th Anniversary



It is indeed a very special day for Sarawak Federation of Women's Institutes (SFWI/PPWS), or famously known in short as, WI. Celebrating its 50th year this year, today, somehow to me is kind of a bittersweet with mixed emotions sadness happiness all nostalgic at the same time. 

I'm a proud member of the women's organization, but I have to say, my husband is more of a member compare to me. The reason is because, he's been a WI child ever since he could remember!

I remember sayang telling me how bored he'd get whenever he had to wait for his mom (what sounded like gazillllionsss of times!) playing at the old WI hq compound. They'd stop by for a 'little' while (that usually turned into hours) at the WI hq because mom had to meet up with other members for 'little' chats. That was like some over 3 decades ago! And he couldn't believe his 'luck' when he had to rekindle with his childhood memories when his wife was offered to be a Pegawai Tadbir at WI in 2006, fetching me everyday after work and parked at the same spot where he used to run aimlessly for years when he was a child.. heheeee...

The first WI Pegawai Tadbir, YBhg Dato' Hajah Rugayah Majid,
the WI Adviser now.

WI hq then (2008) ... I liked this building, sayang liked it too. He basically grew up here. Demolished to make way for the new building, below. Yup! I was a bit bumped out when the building was teared down to the ground :/
(yes yes! that's me. Carrying a super jumbo heavy office laptop)

WI hq today (2012) ...
This new building was built on the same piece of land where the old building was.


With my darling friends (SFWI Exco members),
Salbiah Impi Abdullah and Esther Balan.


YB Hajah Nancy had asked me to be the emcee for today's historical day, of course I said yes! I had loads of fun doing it. It's been awhile since I last met up with the WI ladies. They may be older but they're hysterical :D We shared silly jokes and ate and laughed while chatting like how girls would ;)

My mother-in-law called last night and made me promise to convey her salams to EveRYoNe today. She'd love to be here with the rest of the 'girls' but she's still in KL with daddy and sis Rina. 

Syukor alhamdulillah, it was a good day. Congratulations SFWI! 
Here's to 50 years more :)

Was glad that I actually dressed in uniformed with 
the canopies and backdrop, sweet coincidence ;)

4 comments:

Cyril Dason said...

Serba Kuning. Looking all golden and lovely =)

Ida BorneoLove said...

They do, don't they..? :) But, nothing to do with Bersih :D

[z@ck] said...

no wonder akak lain dari yang lain.jadi emcee rupanya =) nice la that caftan n batik.suits u well.

Ida BorneoLove said...

Bukan sengaja nak lain dari yang lain, i didn't have anything else to wear.. ehemm! to wear with the new pareo ;)

tq love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...