Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kumang Gawai


As expected, the shopping complex was filled with vibrant colours from ethnic costumes worn by the Kids Kumang Gawai participants last Sunday. You should have seen them yourself! I simply love our local traditional costumes :D I am a proud Sarawakian! Yes I am.

Utusan Sarawak 20.6.2011

Interviewing each participant

26 Kumangs :)

Group photo with the sponsor rep & winners

With the Judges & winner, 7 year old Clarissa :)
More Photos Here

Phewww...! Thank god I wasn't one of the judges. They sure had a tough time judging who should be crowned the winner, not an easy task, no no...

We had so much fun. Watching each of the girls perform the local ethnic traditional dance was mesmerizing, though only for a brief moment. Not everyone can do it and having a huge audience watching was definitely nerve wrecking! They're all so young yet very very talented. I can only imagine how proud the parents are. 

Later, hungry and tired, the only thing I could thing of was raw fish.

I find that I could only swallow non-greasy food after my events. And usually this is lunch/dinner. Kinda like a treat. Feeling relieved and happy (after a job well done) plus a favorite meal is just what I need. Now, what's next? 

#Hari Raya Fashionista Competition# Fun!!

It's coming... my fish is coming!!

NGAPPP!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls are looking so gorgeous kak. You are lucky to have this fun job.

∂α∂уαиα said...

hi there. i stumble upon ur blog & i find it's quite interesting & useful for various tips! can i follow ur blog?

Ida Amk said...

Hi Dadyana, yes, you're welcome to follow :D

Glad you stopped by! Cheers.

willie a.k.a reptoz said...

wow! Congrats on such a wonderful event. I always love to watch Kumang Gawai competition.

Alv0808 said...

What a great event and all of you look gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...