Sunday, June 26, 2011

2 Years Shy Of 40


I'm deeply overjoyed seeing rows and rows of meaningful birthday wishes posted on my wall by my family & friends. I post birthday wishes almost everyday to my fb friends but, nothing compares to being the one at the receiving end. 

I reply to each and every single birthday wish, which started as early as midnight last night  and I'm still receiving thoughtful messages in my inbox, BBm, sms and on my wall as we speak. There are no excuses for not having the time to wish a friend Happy Birthday these days as we're living in this high tech world which enable us to send a 13 letter word using only the tip of our fingers. *sigh.. I miss greeting cards*

Virtual or not, it's the thought that counts. Everybody is busy, but we must try to put a little bit of effort to send a greeting. Those 5 or 20 words can really make someone's special day extra special, I know it because the wishes I'm receiving today have made my day more cheerful & colourful. 

I warned sayang to not buy me a cake, it's expensive. I'd rather spend that money on a special meal with the kids.

At midnight he took out this familiar cake box and opened it up in front of me revealing an uplifting birthday message... kee.. keee... keeee.....!! Gorgeous! The word gorgeous was written on my 38th birthday cake. I beamed with excitement! Like a little kid I tell you... Hahaa!

'Errmmm... sayang, don't snap my whole face, I'm sweating!' I insisted.

'SMILE mama!' I smiled, in my smelly shirt & oily face :/

I was still doing the laundry last night when the clock stroke midnight. My hair was a mess, I've not showered (shame) and I was drenched in sweat. It was a very warm night, I know if I showered earlier I would have to jump in again after doing the laundry.  

I love the message on my cake! Simple, but, it made me feel so preeeeeetty! That's why I didn't mind my photos were taken when I knew I was looking comot & dirty. I felt gorgeous!

Thank you to my darlings for making my life filled with happiness & joy. No words can describe the over pouring love I have for you guys. Ayu, Seri, Hani, Arman and my hubby, enjoy the cake! *Hugs & Kisses* 


11 comments:

Lyn Zamhari said...

Happy Birthday, Aunty! :)

Ida Amk said...

Thanx Lyn honey! All the best wishes to you as well :)

Coffee Girl said...

Happy Birthday Ida! 2 more to go but before then, make sure uve already done something daring and unthinkable in your life. God bless you with longer life and good health.

AmirFX said...

Hepi hepi besday Kak Ida! Semoga ktk dimurahkan rezki sepanjang tahun...

f.i.e.z.a said...

u r gorgeous at 38! :D

Ida Amk said...

Coffee Girl, I will remember that!

Amir, mak seh oi!

Fieza, rindok ati mek eh!

Thanks all, you're too sweet :)

Nadia said...

Love the HUGE cake! ;)
Happy birthday again Kak Ida!

Alv0808 said...

Happy birthday to you gorgeous!!... many blessing to you and family

Tia said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!
Moga makin sukses!!

∂α∂уαиα said...

you're 38?! u look so young! aww~!!! anyway, happy birthday to u and wishing all the best for u too! :DD

Ida Amk said...

TQ so much you darling bloggers!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...