Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pizza Hut, Kedondong & Gift Card

I'm anxious.. I really need to chill. In less than 12 hours, I'm going to flag-off our Treasure Hunt at Kuching Waterfront. Sayang promised to go through the details with me tonight, after a movie :) with coffee. *wider grinnnn* Seriously you guys, I left the most important thing today when I left the office after doing some last minute preparations for tomorrow. Prizes, Treasure Hunt task notes, registrations sheet, judging sheets! Without those, I'd rather just jump into the Sarawak River. My mind is not thinking straight... so so worried. I'm seldom like this. 


I love sitting here... Usually after work late in the afternoon. Sun is almost setting, the sound of the mini water feature and nothing but the green is simply relaxing. Urrmm.. except for the nyamok! 

Though we're always in a rush getting ready for the next task of the day, I am glad for the brief moment I'm able to enjoy from time to time sitting here outside the house... Just stare at the green (counting the leaves, I do try) and absorb the peace. And speaking of therapeutic, I remember a time when I was still in training for the Asst. Restaurant Manager post.


Late lunch at Pizza Hut The Spring, Hani & Ayu love doing puzzles =)


We were at Pizza earlier this afternoon when I saw one of the lobby staff carried in dirty plates into the kitchen area. I don't know, maybe it's just me, doing the dishes in kinda relaxing, same like ironing, no? I used to clean and clear tables with my fellow lobby staff. There're times we shouldn't just be standing there and point to the north & west giving instructions supposedly tables & plates must be cleaned and have the dirty tables cleared in 3 minutes! (that's what the standard manual says). 

Yes, I'd be stuck at the dish washing area sometimes, when the back of the kitchen needed extra hand, literally. You're all by yourself, the sponge and the 3 bowl sinks are all yours. Looking at dirty plates had never been that fun especially when you're really focused on doing the dishes for two whole hours! It's like meditating :) That's one memory to share & cherish.

One of my fondest memories working at KFC was having my photo with my kids printed in the internal magazine. The magazine is published a few times a year and you will find activities & articles on KFC, Pizza Hut, Ayamas & Rasamas inside. 

I thought, it wasn't hard at all. 'Snap The Happiest Photo'. Well, dhaaa... So I did, picked a 'happy' photo (as one of the required entry rules). I emailed the photo with the three of us smiling ear to ear, happy after a meal at Pizza Hut. 

I won the Parkson Gift Card and I must spend the RM100 by Feb 2012, I almost forgot about the card till we ate at Pizza Hut today

On The Move; QSR & KFCH internal magazine


Didn't think it would get published at the back cover, and winning an RM100 shopping spree is just awesome! Well, at least I have something I can really keep in my memory capsule box, other than the Manager's uniforms. 

Hee hee.. they say, "no outside food & drinks". Does that include home-made seedless jerok kedondong??...... Sometime ago, dear friend Siti posted on her wall the most mouth watering sweet looking kedondong (wall.. funny now people DO understand what that word 'wall' means). I commented on the jerok kedondong and she made me stop by her house on my way to Pizza Hut that evening. I was ecstatic! Imagine the sweetness.. Why something so tedious to peel (coz of the size) tastes so damn good!

By the time we reached home, there were only 5 kedondongs left. That was like months months ago, I could still taste the sweetness + sourness at the tip of my tongue.


We chose to sit way way at the corner so I could really enjoy the kedondongs in peace without having the Manager kick me out :)

Today's photo
I miss having all my kids with me.. Precious few hours together

Well then, I've got to get to the shower now, in time for movie or not???... Must leave the house by 6:30 am tomorrow. Eyes heavy, how to do check list now? Duhhhh...

You all enjoy your Sunday, okay? And, do the dishes, help your mom. You'll be doin' yourself a favor too :)

8 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Wow.. menang hadiah lagi..
Have many a successful days ahead.

mamasita said...

fall in love with the last pic..

willie a.k.a reptoz said...

Waaaa..bestnye boleh menang parkson gift card!

Alv0808 said...

Spending time with love one is a must and I envy you hehhee..you got parkson gift some more hehehhee...

Tiq said...

awwww..i love that mommy-kids shots. :)

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx all.

hopefully to spend my gift card during my 2days off, today & tomorrow. See lah, or maybe I'll just stay in & watch movies. That be nicer I think :)

f.i.e.z.a said...

kak ida, i have lots and lots of kedondongs at the backyard.mok sik?eehheeh

Ida Athanazir said...

Fieza.. boleh, but sapa nak ngupak?? :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...