Alhamdulillah.. I am so grateful for this free time I have. 6 days off! Yup! That's 6 Sundays, yippppeeeee!!! Sorry.. kinda hard to contain this excitement. Well ya, work is still on my mind, but not all the time. I'm organizing a Treasure Hunt in March at the Kuching Waterfront, and I have to figure out the mechanism. Sponsors, not a problem, settled, thank god! I've been cracking my head on how to get people run around like crazy at the Kuching Waterfront for clues and what kind of task they should do. I'm thinking.. Hmmm... Brain. A lot of brain should be involved, and tonnes of energy. And laughter! I want to make them laugh at themselves... *stop thinking about work now, you hear!!*
Hokkay... where were we??........ Uh! Family time. It does not matter whatever that we do, as long as we do it together. That includes juicing a box full of mandarin oranges! Yeayyyy..!
It has been a longggggg while since my hubby used the Power Juicer. This is one super cool juicer y'all. It's pricey, but it won't miss a single drop of juice. A supplier friend gave my hubby a box of not-so-sweet mandarin oranges. I didn't mind it, as long as it's fruit, I'll eat the whole box if I could. But for sayang, he always prefers them sweet.
"What to do with all the oranges Dek??"
"Makanlah.." I said to him peeling another orange.
"Hmm.. I know what to do." Sayang said with that light bulb lighted above his head. (Yes, I saw it, it WAS there!)
He went to the kitchen and headed for the Power Juicer. Dismantled it and rinse each part thoroughly. You see, the machine has been kept away too long it became dust collector. "You peel, I juice.." He instructed. Hmmm.. how convenient.
Then Arman jumped in, "I want to do! I want!!."
"Sayang, we peel, Arman juice."
juicer cleaned, fruits ready
peeled, ready to juice
just dump the whole orange in!
"peel papa, peel!!"
"don't force it Arman.."
that was from 6 medium size mandarin oranges
his hard work
"Arman.. get back to work, we're only halfway through."
just few more..
What a great way to detox, and quality time spent! Do you see that orange juice?? I made sure the toilet was ready for me after gulping down 5 glasses! I want to do this more often. Last time we used to juice these three fruits/veges- Celery+Carrot+Green Apple. Awesome guys! They say this mixture is good for your eyes & skin. Well, what fruit isn't?
Speaking of skin, I stumbled on few more beauty tips to share with you darlings ;) So, here goes..
All-time Top Tips For Amazing Skin :)
1. Stay clear of sugar~ It triggers blemish-causing hormones. "Go for low-glycaemic foods like rye bread."
2. Opt for fruit~ When you eat hydrating fruits and vegetables like grapefruit and cucumber, the water penetrates and plumps cells better than drinking water does.
3. Cool as a cucumber~ Maximise the cooling effect of cucumber by shredding it - it'll cover more of your puffy eyes than 2 little slices.
4. Don't Yo-Yo diet ~ When your body weight fluctuates, it loosens elasticity and makes skin sag... Don't forget a fuller face can make you look younger, so be wary of drastic weight loss.
5. Cell clearout~ Reach for a facial scrubber once a week to remove dead skin cells.
6. Boost your brows~ Lush, thick eyebrows like Beyonce's give a more youthful appearance than overplucked arches- Fill in sparse patches with a lash enhance.
Well, I do have a little tip to add. Not that no one knows sleeping till the sun is right up there above your head does nothing good for your skin, plus sleeping way pass your bedtime?? My teenage daughter asked me how come I have less breakout.
"Well sayang, I am much older than you, and my crazy hormone is more stable now. You are growing up, so, chill... And wake up early in the morning and MANDIK AWAL!!"
You're a science student, it's common sense. Staying in bed all day heats up your body, thus, giving you unnecessary breakouts.
Look And Feel More Beautiful In Qacaq Handmade Gemstone Jewelry