Sunday, February 13, 2011

Emcee's Nightmare




The worst thing that could happen to an event organizer (who's also the Emcee!) is to lose her most precious tool...

Her Voice!!

This seldom happens to me. I will catch the cold and will annoy the people around me with my high pitch coughings but losing my voice?? It was inevitable.. But thank god it only happened after the event. 

I had a very bad feeling on Friday. The night before the event my throat my so sore when I tried to say something it hurt. My voice was telling me I might even had to find someone else to be the emcee... My colleague asked for a script, there was not script! Everything is always spontaneous and it all depends on the situation, for what I have to say or announce. 

Then, when I woke up Saturday morning, thank the lord I had a voice. But I sounded like Pinocchio..... Okay, at least IT IS not the worst thing. Like today, I am 'wordless' and 'soundless'... got lah some sound coming out from me but really have to 'push force' it out from my stomach! *at least that's how I'm feeling today* Have to talk from the stomach, instead of my throat (??????)

I scared my kids this morning... "Ma... don't speak." I 'LOOK' like I'm shouting because I was trying very hard to make a complete sentence, they came out alright but few words were 'muted'. And the sound of my voice was not going to get me a Valentine date if he heard it on the phone. Uh-ha..! It's that scary my friend.

Hahaa.. I must be kidding myself. Oh Yes! It's a great day to chill... All relaxed and free and voiceless (mmm.. sayang, not today. No bebeling membebel from me today. Lucky u!) 
Makan Kuaci??! Hmmm... A perfect remedy for sore throat & cough, aiyaaa...

And speaking of makan, after the event, sayang 'invited' me to join him for dinner with his staffs. Tired? Yes! Hungry? Oh Yesss!! The only meal of the day was a roti canai (kosong) for breakfast... I didn't have anything (except for a panadol soluble and mineral water) after the little breakfast till 7pm. Lunch was the mic. Yes... I admit it, I ate the microphone. Can you blame me?? 

I was on the mic from 12noon to 3pm, non stop. My voice was disappearing but I tried to ignore it. Most of the time it was okay, though in a bit of pain (my throat), I was fine... Audience had a lot of fun watching my 26 kids parade in their Cheongsams and the winner Tasya Sofea deserves the title. More photos of the Little Miss Cheongsam here. And don't forget to click 'Like'! ...I like you too :)








Oh! Cerita belum habis... So, I was hungry......

Sayang and his staff decided to go for steamboat buffet. Well Hello!!! Borneo Love was so hungry she could eat a horse! Ngeh .. ngeh .. ngeh .. By evening, I swallowed two 500mg panadols before dinner. Well ya know...?! I need all the strength to eat all that all-you-can-eat! It was my first time at the Heritage Steamboat. I heard friends went there, for years! But I just never had the perfect occasion to try the place. Of course you need a 'perfect occasion', they charge RM26 per head... My comment? Hmmm........ okay okay la..

I've expected it. After all that tom yam soup, hot sambal belacan, oily pan fried red meat, chicken, fish fillet, crab balls, prawns and cold drinks!!... I woke up mute this morning. When I tried to say something, I scared the hell out of my kids because I sounded like HANTU!! It's okay, no need to do any emceeing for awhile. Hopefully it won't last till my next event *gulp* It better not!

6 comments:

AmirFX said...

Wahhh.. Stimbot.. Last kmk makan tahun ya tek.. Ngn sidak vivian.. Nway, sora serak2 basah best k karok.. haha...

Globalized Dayung said...

Ku baca alu ku tetak...Macam ni suara Pinocchio tek??? Last week pun aku deman & sik ada suara...yelah sejuk kat Louisiana tok!!! Sik jua2 dapad adapt...

DrSam said...

I can imagine your horror. could it be too much of consuming the Mandarins :)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

It is indeed a nightmare if we lose our voice esp. when we are the mc for an important function.

Ida Athanazir said...

Sik da nak berkaraoke, karaoke dlm kreta jak & mun I lah rah Lousiana, memang 'jam otak' I! Thought the fresh drink would make my immune system stronger! But, became nightmare!

Rachel said...

Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (http://ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net/) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious sore throat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...