Monday, February 21, 2011

Blue Blanket

When I think about what was comfort to me, my old blue blanket came to mind. Yes, I miss it a lot. I think the last time I saw it was somewhere 20 years ago, when I left home. That was my favorite time of the day... Curling into my cozy bed comforted by my old blue blanket. I loved my bed! My single bed... After it's all made in the morning, I made sure no one sits on it. Don't want no wrinkle now, do we?? I'd sit by the edge but  before I leave my room I'll make sure my blue blanket was nice & smooth over my bed. Didn't like people sitting on my bed, with their dirty pants & wrinkling my blue blanket, I went ballistic.. seriously.

I've had it since I was very very young, twin sis Ina's was pink in colour. I always slept with a blanket, though my room wasn't air conditioned but my bed always felt cool, & safe. I would sleep with the windows open and the fan helped wooshed away the mosquitoes. 

I wonder where is that blanket now... Hmmm.. If I found it, I'll have it cleaned and use it again. Why all of a sudden I'm feeling all mushy when that old blue blanket came to mind...? I really miss its comfort and softness. Well....., I used it like all the time so had to clean it often. Too much cleaning had caused the material to become a little rough. Didn't care, because it was always loving to me. I will never forget my blue blanket.

And happy 300th post Borneo Love. Good night all and sweet dreams. 

3 comments:

mamasita said...

hahaha..ingat mek my eldest..sia ctaok jak mbak selimut..kmk dolok small pillow..dikutil di cium bau..

lemonade said...

u just made me miss my old single bed...

Ida Athanazir said...

Mamasita, heehee.. my selimut sik jalan, it stayed in bed ajak :)

Lemonade, suddenly felt nostalgic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...