Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kid's Speech

Welcoming Speech (in Bahasa Malaysia) for Arman to recite

Arman's teacher called me at noon and said they have chosen Arman to do a welcoming speech (in BM) for Rainbow Montessori's Pre-school concert on November 5th. 

"He must know the speech by heart." ........I am officially stressed.

Do you see those lines?? Yes.. All I see are lines, with loads of words. Don't you think that is a bit too much for a six year old to memorize? Oh dear. Oh Ohhh Ohh dear...! I am worried. Not that I think he wouldn't be able to pull it off, it's just that it is a big event for these children and I DO NOT WANT my son screwing the concert's opening speech. I am proud though, that my son is chosen by his school to do one of the opening speeches. Urrrgghh! Never thought I would ever have to get all anxious over a little kid's speech.

*we have a lot of memorizing to do this weekend*

Principal Selina Kho with her past students (ayu, seri & hani) and present student Arman, at last year's Rainbow Montessori's  year end concert

I am gonna miss Selina. We met when Ayu was 4 years old and I still remember how eager  Ayu was to start school. The first day we dropped her off, she didn't turn to look at me because she was too excited to embark (hohhh..) into a new world. She was awarded "The Most Helpful" by Selina at the end of her little pre-school days. I must say, Seri & Hani as well as Ayu (Arman too) are doing quite well in school, syukur alhamdulillah and I do believe it is because they had a good start.

This probably would be the last few times we'll be driving our child to Selina's Rainbow Montessori. School will end in the third week of November and Arman will start his Primary 1 next year. I do not know when I'm going to visit the school again... I think I will have a hard time saying goodbye to Selina. We will stay in touch, but it has been 14 years you know. Unless... unless, I'm having a another baby. Urmmm.. No. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dah besar baca speech menteri pulak.

Kenny De said...

leh polah speech utk kmk sik dik.haha! srelly nya jadi budak yg bijak :)

Globalized Dayung said...

Ku mok dengar nya debate....confirm menang pun!!! Mesti mok rajin membaca...

AinnalinaRamdzan said...

practice make perfect kak... chaiyok2

RaMa-RaMa Fareeza said...

hehe mana tumpahnya kuah mun x ke nasik..hehhe
kmk dah pernah diat ktk jadi emcee kak..hehhe
so i think Arman can do it...just believe in him hehe...

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx all.

i'm a bit worried, but his sisters say he's doing fine. Yes, he's been practicing and just need to believe in him.

:D xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...