Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lesson Learned

16 year old Seri (in blue) and 18 year old Ayu (in red)
"Maaa..! Don't take our photos..!!"
... too late, in my blog already.

The advantages of having Anak Dara..... I had an uncle who had 4 Anak Bujang, they helped their mom in the kitchen too. The younger ones helped clear the table and the 2nd brother did the dishes. Parents must train their children, regardless if they are boys or girls, everyone in the family should help mummy in the kitchen. If each one do their bits, kitchen will be cleared in no time.

Sayang fetched Ayu from campus yesterday morning and we all had the Berbuka Puasa at my in-laws'. Mummy has no maid at this moment so we all helped with the food preparations and cleaning up. Sayang drove all my three girls to their grandparents' house in the afternoon to help my mother-in-law with the dusting and vacuuming. I bought the ayam panggang and made stir-fried mixed veges to serve for Berbuka Puasa. Before we left for home last night, I made sure the kitchen was cleaned and got my girls to help.

When I was growing up, my mom never had the luxury of a maid helping her. Well, I've been managing well all these times, with four kids and a job and the house and chauffeuring the kids from school-home-tuition-home... So, my mom didn't really need a maid because she was a housewife. My mother-in-law actually needs at least one. She used to have two. She has a lot of cleaning and maintaining to do around the huge house, not to mention the big garden... and oh Ya! The 6 bathrooms!

But hey, having your kids to help out in the kitchen is a natural thing. They MUST understand that. And this is not just for the convenience of us parents, it's part of a learning process in life. Loh! Doing dishes is such a little thing in life, they would need to learn more (about life) as they grow older. Well, if a 20 year old doesn't even know how to fold her own clothes.. go fly kite lah.

Seri always helps me with the dishes and she doesn't mind doing it alone, by herself. She likes things her way so, I just let her be. When Ayu was around (now she stays in uni most of the time) she would help with the laundry. I'd do the washing, she'd help to hang the clothes to dry and fold them. But when they had big exams (UPSR, PMR & SPM) coming up, I would do their chores so they had more extra time to do their revisions. That's their most important responsibility, to study smart, do very well in school which will open a lot of doors to good quality life for the future. Earn good money and buy mama a better cake mixer :)

"No face Ma.. please not the face..!"

Drip Dry

12 year old Hani helped nenek with the clean laundry... 
while watching tv

Done with cleaning.. lepak time for these two siblings.
......Never ending story I tell you these two.

Speaking of cake mixer, I have been baking baking baking baking and baking for the past few days. I've lost count of the number of cakes I've baked so far, and still baking as we speak. I bake of course for the money/profit. For me if I want new Hari Raya clothings for my family, it will only make sense (cents) to look for extra cash rather than to spend my monthly income on the 'extra' spendings. Kalau tidak budget lagi wohhhh.. 

Yati (a primary 6 classmate & a distant relative) has been celebrating Hari Raya with my Cheese Cakes for the past few years now.. thanks Yati dear for your support :))

Boxed and ready to be delivered


I've been baking the Cheesecake ever since '97. I never baked before that and the reason I started baking this cake was because my husband loves cheese cake so much. Whenever he felt like having cheese cakes, we would buy a slice from the local hotel and it would cost so much (for a small slice). So I decided that I should learn to bake this luxurious cake. If anyone can do it, I should be able to do it too. After a few trials & errors, I became so good that I thought I should try to sell and make some income of baking cheesecakes. And I've been baking non stop ever since. Well, not exactly non stop.. It would be a normal routine for me to bake during the festive seasons and special occasions. 

Each Hari Raya I have regular friends & families who purchase my cheese cakes. Few of them would sometimes order 2 or 3 cakes at a time. And with this money/profit I shall pay the dressmaker who does our kurungs/baju melayu for the coming Hari Raya. That is one lesson in life; to learn bake cakes for new baju raya :)

***********************************************************

Celebrate Hari Raya With qacaq :)
is on sale at only RM45!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mesti sedap kek ya! Nyummy. ;)

nc said...

u r so lucky :) to have daughters who are very helpful :)

Nita said...

Wow, kalau saya ada anak nanti, I make sure dia orang tolong saya kat dapur.

Wan Sharif said...

Ha ..bagus nie..
carrying the family tradition..
very much a win-win situation
between mum and daughters..
alamak bila nak order cheese cakes nie..
Semuga selalu berbahagia.. Selamat aidil fitri

nurain said...

hehe..suka tolong mak kat dapur coz boleh dpat mcm2 info.

mahu bake cheese cake jgak~akak share la recipe!

Globalized Dayung said...

Antar cheese cake ya ke Louisiana, USA kak...hehehe!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh tedah Globalized dayung ya.. ish ish ish...

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Ida, I really enjoyed reading this posting....yes, you are absolutely right re children should or must help mom in the kitchen, besides learning to cook too.
I have been to friends homes where their kids only eat, never even helped to clear the dishes! Mother's fault that.

You have three daughters? Holy Smoke! You don't look like a mother of 3 teens! Hmmmm, where is that Fountain of Youth you been drinking from? Ha ha.
Pretty daughters only mean one thing, a traffic stopper, gorgeous mum, no 2 ways, ha ha.
Have a pleasant week, and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

Uncle Lee said...

Ida, I love your brown dinner plates.....they're beautiful! Lee.

DrSam said...

nice cooperative and symbiosis among the family members. you are right, my kids become so lazy in the kitchen and thank to the maid.

Eid mubarak, maaf zahir batin.

Ida Athanazir said...

Nc, tq.. alhamdulillah.

Nita, anak dara mest di train awal awal.

Wan S, bila bila boleh order.. whole year I do the cake

Nurain, InsyaAllah, kakak ada masa kakak give you.

Uncle Lee, the fountain of youth is in my singing :) Itu plates sudah lama lohhh..

Doc, i do like to have a maid but takut nanti I myself become lazy.

G Dayung, kesian you. In US sure byk cheesecake sedap sedap :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...