Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ramadhan & Hari Raya In Old & New

wearing my new mini ice ice in orange by sereni & shentel

"Mama, is the whole world fasting today..?" Arman asked this morning right before we step out of the house. "Yes sayang... all Muslims are fasting today." Papa replied to him. "I wouldn't be bringing 'anything' today then." Arman responded... I usually pack him some sandwiches or cookies with plain water. He'd like to try fasting today. Good boy! 

I've a funny Ramadhan story to tell.. Seri was on her 30th day of fasting last year, her period was irregular for some reason. She's so excited to 'TAMAT' her fasting.

It was 20minutes to go to breaking of fast when she decided to visit the washroom. We were at my in-laws house as it was the eve or Hari Raya and everyone was there, my brothers in-law, my sisters in-law. All of us were busy in kitchen waiting for the 'bedok'....... When we heard someone screaming in the washroom. 

"AAA!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"Who is that??!" Mom exclaimed. I knew who it was and I knew why... 
"It's Seri Ma... I think she got her period."

Seri walked out of the washroom looking somber... "Ma, 20 more minutes! I shouldn't have gone to the washroom. At least 'I didn't know' and can proclaim I 'TAMAT'."

I thought it was really funny but I can understand how she felt. It's almost impossible for adult women (unless they've gone through menapause) to complete a 30days of fasting. I managed to do it once... I was breastfeeding Seri (she was about 11 months old at that time) and I've not gotten my period ever since after my 'darah nifas'. (click for definition) So, I 'TAMAT' my fasting that year but you should have seen how skinny I was. 


seriously cute! it came in a little black pouch


I've been contemplating to get myself one or not.. The first time I tried one of them on, it didn't fit my head as I wanted it to. I told Sereni I have a funny head! But when the Mini Ice Ice Orange finally arrived, I straight away put it on my funny head and prayed it would fit. It's perfect! :)

Hari Raya headband.. hahahaaa... No lah! It just happens that I purchased it the month before Raya. Honestly, I don't really look forward to Raya, I looked forward for today, the first day of Ramadhan.

"Mama, when are you going to visit the dressmaker?" Seri had asked me.

"I don't know girl.. I'm not really thinking about it, I might just wear my old kurungs." I bought few materials for myself and the girls months ago, I chose and decided on a few materials within an hour! I couldn't stay another minute in the shop... Full with all sorts of colourful materials! Gorgeous beautiful designs, trying to imagine how they'd look on oneself is quite stressful! 

I may not wear new Kurungs on Hari Raya but I make sure my kids do. And sayang... oh lah my sayang... He's been wearing the same old Baju Melayu for how many years dahhh... It's okay, still and always looks handsome to me :*

with my 6 year old baby boy, Arman

I love the bling bling! Thank you S&S

*********************************************

be gorgeous this Hari Raya in qacaq

6 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Eh tak achi lah si Abang sayang pakai baju raya yang dah bertahun lama nya..
Kena insist supaya...

Ida Athanazir said...

hee hee.. he always prefers to just not spend too much on himself.
So, I also ter ikut ikut.. economy lah macam ni kan?

f.i.e.z.a said...

kacakk eh skang ya hehe nyebut skang jak oo senang.
selamat berpuasa kak ida sayang.kmk 1st day dah xpat posa.sigh

Anonymous said...

Selamat menyambut bulan Ramadhan Kak.

DrSam said...

Wow...that 20 minutes really made a lot of different :)

Selamat berpuasa bersama keluarga tercinta.

Ida Athanazir said...

Fieza, hee hee.. cuti la u ya! Baju dah polah??

Doc, putih mata lah my Seri. Tq.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...