Sunday, February 21, 2010

Atok Kopitiam




I love taking the kids out to eat, why?? Because I wouldn't have to cook!! And when I found a place that I like, we would just prefer to go there. Me & my husband aren't the type who like to go to a new place just for the sake of trying or testing. Usually it's not as good as I expected it to be... disappointment. 

But yesterday our daughter Ayu suggested that we try this kinda new place (to us) and they serve one of our favourites, Nasi Ayam Penyet. Maybe you've been there but this was our first time. Her friend knows the owner & she said the food is good and they are selling at reasonable prices. So, we went... 


Nasi Ayam Percik RM7.50

The Nasi Ayam Penyet is priced at RM7.00 and as for the Nasi Ayam Percik, you get extra garnish.. Rice served with some vegetable crackers and the chicken is served with a delicious sauce on top. To me, ayam penyet is about the chicken and sambal.. and my oh my the sambal is very very good! Very kampong style!! I went to one place the other day, the sambal for the ayam penyet looks like chili sauce and sweet and no belacan taste. This one at Atok Kopitiam is the sambal I Like!!

The Atok Kopitiam is located behind HSBC Bank at Jalan Padungan, Kuching. Not far from the PERKESO building.






I remember when I was young, the kopitiams in town mostly used these kind of chairs. Very very authentic! And Atok Kopitiam has the 4 C (like a diamond laa.. has its 4C for a perfect piece) that truly gets the thumbs up from me (who am I to give thumbs up?? Heee hee... I'm just a customer  who enjoyed the food).

Clean, Comfort, Chic & Cool

So guys, I guess you know where to go for lunch today?? The cafe opens from morning till 6 pm only and it is a very very chic & cool place to lepak with friends. 


I want to add one more C ... Classy.

7 comments:

f.i.e.z.a said...

maka harus mek try kelak laaa tp a bit jaoh nak ooo
i like those chairs too :)

Ida Athanazir said...

jaoh memang.. tapi tempat ya airy and very comfortable. coba ktk skali, memang maok dtg agik :))

Kal Jis said...

aiya... lapar kmk kak ida oii... bergoleng2 lah kmk nahan lapar tuk :P nyummmssss...

Ida Athanazir said...

Kal Jis, patut ktk coba tempat ya. Ne tauk mun menar menar click with your selera :))

mus said...

sedapnye~nnt kalo ke kuching lg, saya nk singgah makan sana jugak =)

Ida Athanazir said...

Mus dear, yes!! u mesti singgah kat atok kopitiam whenever u'r in kuching!!

糟糕啦 said...

閱讀您的BLOG文章,真是件快樂的事!!.........................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...