Monday, September 21, 2009

Hari Raya's Food & Hair




1st Day Hari Raya, 20 Sept 2009

This is the first time my blog is celebrating Hari Raya. So, the first thing to upload is the Hari Raya photos of me & my beautiful kids. Talking about beautiful, do you see Seri's hair (sitting far left) ?? OMG! She bathed early just to do her hair and it's gorgeous, I've to say.

Seri in her Charlie's Angel hair

Me? Of course busy preparing a dish in the kitchen, with so little time. Wanted to prepare everything (laksa penang ingredients) the night before Raya but just couldn't get up. I was too tired and was having a headache. While I was having a headache the night before Raya, Seri wanted to bake a cake for her Raf. By hook or by crook (seemed like it), she just had to bake the cake and give it to him. So, half asleep with a throbbing head, I told her how to do the cake, step by step.

"What to do first mom?". Lying on my back, eyes shut, I said to her, "Prepare the tin, line it with alumminium foil. Then melt 200g of butter and 100g of cooking chocolate."

"Done... what else mom... ?? MOM!! Wake up...! What's next mom??!", Seri snapped. And it was already 10:30 pm.

"umm.... Get the mixing bowl and mix, don't beat! Mix together the sugar, eggs & a bit of vanilla essense....", I instructed her, still lying down, halfway to dreamland.

"Okay ... Mom, pa gik??", Seri said trying to be patient with me. "Flour dear... go look for the plain flour. Then sift it with the cocoa powder." I told her.

"Ma...! Where's the flour, couldn't find it!!"

Oh GoD I thought, no flour ??! Pity Seri.......... "Get the self raising flour, that will do." Thank god I had a bit of that left. So, now the brownie became fluffed brownie.

"Okay mom ... ". She got everything mixed well, I just had to get up and checked her oven. Not heated yet! We waited 15 minutes for the oven to heat up, then pop in the tin.

Seri & Raf

The brownie cake was done by midnight. Seri wanted it glazed so that was done. Then she and her dad went off to send the cake to Raf. I asked Seri what did Raf say bout the cake. "Raf said SUMPAH NYAMAN". Hahaha... He better said that!


The dish I've been serving year after year is the Laksa Penang. Very easy to prepare and it's yummy to eat. Compared to other dishes served during Raya, this one is quite a hit. Mainly because it's not oily and it is very very appetizing. I've more Raya photos, later lah ... Till then, Selamat Hari Raya to ya'll.

7 comments:

Bayu Probo said...

I love the brownies

SEN said...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA TO KAK IDA AND FAMILY!!!!

SJ said...

nice shots! hapy raya!

ps you're invited to comment on my post too =)

Azmi said...

Thanks Kak Ida for the cake :)
Mas kirim salam... nya sik sempat jumpa kitak when you, abang athan and arman hantar the cake.

AirAsia lost our luggage on our flight back to KL... but at least when we reached home at 3.00 am (sampai LCCT kul 12.00, tapi molah report bag hilang, carik bag, nunggu teksi lah... ya sampei rumah kul 3.00 ya) we had your cake :)

Nasib bait cake ada... mun sik Mas dah manas menar :)

Mama Mia said...

Selamat hari raya to you & family,Ida.

~Dino~ said...

selamat hari raya!

Ida Athanazir said...

Dear all, selamat hari raya to you too!! Thanx so much for the warm wishes.

Azmi, no problem. sik hal, insyaAllah, kelak kita jumpa agik. Glad the cake helped :)
And I'm glad u got your luggage balit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...