Monday, May 25, 2009

Multiple Birthdays


"Used to have someone light these, now have to do myself laaa...."

If she had leaned further, Seri would have burnt her hair! 
That would definitely ruin her life... that's Seri.


"I wish to become anak solehah in the future... Aminnnn"
Would have to skip the MNG shorts dear.


"Foto with my birthday cake, every single year for the past 15 years of my life!!"

My girl Seri turns 15 last Saturday May the 23rd. 
*Happy Birthday Seri sayang.*

I had to work that day, in the morning me & my Cool Cats with an outlet managers went to Rumah Kebajikan Kanak-kanak to do our thing. The marketing people brought in the food they ordered for the kids and all we had to do was entertain everyone specially the kids. When I got there, I took out my camera to take pictures of the kids playing games with my Cool Cats. I was quickly signalled by my colleague not to take any photos of the kids. They're 'anak-anak teraniaya' and no 'images' of them should be publicized.

Seeing their faces eating the food touched the depth of my heart. I am sure some of them never tasted any sort of fast food as these food are quite costly. Even when I was growing up, the closest I get to these branded fast food was seeing the ads on tv.

The best part came when it was time for games. Most of the girls wore 'baju kurungs'. I don't think they have the luxury of jeans or branded clothings. So, they ran around playing games organized by the Cool Cats in kurungs. When the mascot came out to dance, everyone (including the 'ibu-ibu') started cheering & dancing. Then, we all sang a birthday song for one of the kids. We're just so happy the kids enjoyed themselves.

I had 2 birthday invitations that very day at 4pm & 5pm respectively (a close friend's son & a cousin's son) but I had to turn them down as my schedule was too tight that day. After entertaining the less fortunate children from morning till after lunch, I got home at 3 pm ... with a birthday cake for my Seri. Got cleaned up, light the candles & started taking fotos of my kids, like I normally do whenever any of my kids have their birthdays (so rushy rushy but the fotos turned out nice!!). Add ImageCut the cake, eat the cake & packed for Saturday night's jemaah at my in-law's. We left the house at 4:15pm and dropped the kids at their grandparents' house. Me?? I had a 7pm birthday party at Batu Kawa to supervise.

One with mom & siblings

One with dad & siblings

The Batu Kawa birthday party was for a very privileged little boy. Looked like money was no object, friends & families came with birthday presents just for him. Then I remembered the kids at the rumah kebajikan I went to earlier that day..... He sure is a very lucky little boy, with mom's & dad's attention all just for him. Unlike the little girl who celebrated her birthday earlier that day, she has to kongsi kasih with the other kids. May Allah bless them all... 

Till next year, happy happy & smile always to ya'll.

13 comments:

Willie said...

Wow! Your Seri Looks like you. She has your smile. Still sweet 15 (form 3) huh?

It is really good for you to spend time with less fortunate kids. I'm sure they really appreciate your presence. Where are these unfortunate kids? Peryatim?

J.Nadya.J said...

Hot and young mama... your daughter looks so fab and gorgeous like u... Anyway, Happy birthday to your daughter...

FARIE said...

happy birthday to ur girl..
cantek..

HeLL69 said...

hapu bday 2 u... nang cute kedak mama nya juak... gud luck dlm pelajaran ok...

RDZ said...

Happy Birthday Seri! =) Send my wishes to Seri aite Kak. Smoga panjang umur and murah rezeki.

RDZ

Kelebar Malam said...

Happy birthday little one..

~Dino~ said...

hepi birthday!..hehehe

DrSam said...

spending time with the less unfortunate one, is something our more fortunate one like us tend to forget. May Allah bless you ma'am.

Happy belated birthday to your gorgeous Seri.

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Your daughter very the kacak...like mom like daughter..happy bday to dear Seri!..

Ida Athanazir said...

willie, i think they have parents but the parents dont want them, I think.

d batu 12...

thanx all for the wishes, truly appreciate it!!

khairul onggon said...

macam ktk ngan anak ktk beradik jak.. nang awet muda... semua nampak sama... :)

Ida Athanazir said...

tq tq khairul !! mun dpt muda selamanya

TashadeNatasha said...

seri sangat manis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...