Thursday, April 2, 2009

Greatest Pain Of All

The greatest pain of all?? Child Birth. No doubt about it. Every time I found myself pregnant, I would tell my husband,"Bang, I'm scared..."

You want to hear? ha... haa... no you don't. Things you don't want to see, don't want to hear, don't want to endure...... sooner or later, you will face this miracle moment. Your wife, sister, mother, yourself. Yeah, miracle for others, a I-don't-want-to-be-here moment for us mothers (old & new).

Ayu (now 17) was already overdue for more than a week. I had to be admitted and induced (to get me into labour). My stomach was so big, they thought I was having twins. At around 6 pm on 16th June 92, I was having pain everywhere. I walked (no ding dong state of the art at-your-finger-tip love! this was GH) to the nurse's office and told them I was bleeding. Yup, my gown was stained with blood, and all they told me,"Belum ya..... Give it few more hours." After 'checking' my opening, they asked me to go back to my bed. Around 8/9 pm, the pain was unbearable. I dragged my feet to the nurse's office again telling them I thought the baby was coming. 

"Ok. Let's bring you to the labour ward." The 'nice' nurse told me. "I think I need a wheelchair." I requested. "No, you best just walk." She answered me. Really, I didn't know what to say... beg for a wheelchair?? I did not have the energy to speak anymore words. So, I used my remaining energy to walk. It was raining heavily, wind blowing through the window panels. Yet, I was sweating profusely and had to hold on to the wall while walking to the elevator (thank god she didn't ask me to climb the stairs!!). 

Through all my labours, I didn't make much noise. To me, the less noise you make, the more energy you save when it's time for you to push the baby out.

Labour tips ;

1. Breath in deeply, I mean very very deeply. Breath in deep, then exhale slowwwly. "I can't......." I had said to the nurse, half almost crying, between contractions (while in labour with Arman; now 5). Oh yes! The pain's so great, you can't even breath. So, I sat up, and do as I'm told. It actually reduces the pain. I kept at it, constantly while waiting for the baby to pop out. It really helped. 

2. Have someone there to hold on to; my husband had a bruise on his arm from me squeezing him. I guess, whenever you're in pain, you will naturally would want to grab hold of something and squeeze. Someone's arm is more satisfying than the pillow.

3. While pushing, don't make too much noise like "AAAArrgghhh.!!" or whatever that would come out of your mouth. Concentrate more on pushing the baby out instead of the pain you're having. 

4. Trim yourself well before your due date, get your darling to do it for you. You wouldn't be able to reach down there all by yourself.

5. Put on a pair of socks, you will sweat, but you'll feel cold most of time. The coldness is due to the extreme pain you're having.

6. Follow the doctor's instructions at all times. Push when he asks you to, and DO NOT PUSH when he says don't. If you do push when he says you're not suppose to, you might injure yourself & bleed.

Who was the easiest?? No such thing! All my four child births were hard & painful. Seri (now 15) was the quickest though. Ayu was a big baby. 

When Hani (now 10) came out, my husband said my face turned all yellow, I remember staring straight at him without blinking and stayed quiet for 10 seconds. He must have thought I was dead! "Adek... Adek....." He called out to me. I was actually trying to catch my breath and enjoying the post-pain moment. When I tried pushing Arman out, I thought I did it. Opened my eyes and the doctor told me, "One more Ida..." "Hah!??" I thought, not out yet?! That was all the energy I had. I didn't want to be cut open, so I had no choice but to push harder.

The pain was worth it!!

My husband said seeing his children being born was always a miracle moment. He missed Ayu's birth as the GH does not allow husbands/family members to accompany mothers in labour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


More at qacaq.comyour Online Gemstone Jewelry Store.

28 comments:

Mia's Mom said...

Ida,

Reading your entry makes me realised how young you must be when you have your first baby! 18? perhaps? You must be very brave, girl, to endure it alone without the support of your husband (esp. when it is your first childbirth) I salute you Dear! I really do. I always thought mothers should be given an award after each childbirth. Then again, the baby is award enough, right?

Ida Athanazir said...

dear Mia's Mom, yes I was young. That time, I kept reminding myself what my friend told me when at GH; don't be a spoil brat, don't cry, be brave & don't complain.

thanx!!

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

fuh, i cant even start to imagine..adeh..tiba2 sakit perut.. ah..takut..
*pengsan

f.i.e.z.a said...

yup, the day will come for me to experience from day 1 till the 9th months.
kmk byk dengar dari cerita my mum.she had delivered 6 kids btw.camacam cerita sis..and delivering me was the hardest sbb kmk kuar songsang.bum bum lok kuar dudi palak.hehhe.omg gney ndak rasa.
since im her 1st daughter she always said dat she will take care of me during confinement kelak.hehhe..jaoh dah pk my mom ya.. :)

Ida Athanazir said...

Felicia, if u ask me to imagine how the pain is pun, i cannot begin how to tell u. The pain is unimaginable...

Fieza, untung u ada mak dpt jaga. My mom sik dapat jaga kmk, harap my husband most of the time

kaDusMama said...

Couldn't agree more with you..child birth is indeed the most painful experience i ever had..
But induced birth without any pain relief is far worse than natural birth without pain relief..right?? I experienced both..!!

Ida Athanazir said...

K.Mama, you're right. Only after u had experience child birth, then u know what pain really means.

DrSam said...

This is the part where men won't have to endure through out their whole life. I thank all the women for a very wonderful job to bear all the agony and pain so that we, the wonderful creature can live in this beautiful world!

Thank you Women!

Ida Athanazir said...

Doc., you're very welcome!!

Elsa said...

oh my God...
i can not say anything.
i'm not a mother.. but i hope, someday i will be.

sweet-girlicious said...

hello..i'm a blog hopping!!hehe..wow...is it pain?sometimes i wonder how it feel when i'm pregnant...??must be very pain...i used to have a dreamt that i was pregnant and i felt the pain..hahha seriously..but don't know if the feeling is the same as the real one..not yet married..ekekke

Ida Athanazir said...

Elsa, it's kuasa Allah .... unbearable but livable , whatever that means!

Sweet.g., pregnancy not painful, no pain at all. But labour pain is unimaginable, so that u know dear.

kirana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bluehope said...

Thanks for dropping by....

kirana said...

Sori, ada masalah tek. Pandei ilang komen kmk. Blog yg berinfomatif. Sila jenguk kmk di blog Kirana Lagenda.

Ida Athanazir said...

blue hope, u're most welcome

kirana, thanx. Suka nak share info & tips for brothers & sisters

kirana said...

Woww...puteri2 ktk semuanya beautiful like their mum. Your husband must be very proud of u.

RDZ said...

Can't wait to have my own... Hahaha... Hopes my future wifey doesn't crush my hands when she holds it... =D

RDZ said...

*hopes that

RDZ said...

and, btw... who's irene santiago?

RDZ said...

one more comment from me----> sweet-girlicious, not yet married huh... let's get it done. LoL! =D

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx kirana, syukurlah

NuRuLhUsN@ said...

Mengerikan all i can say..but cant wait to experience it!!hehehe

kirana said...

So..Ida. Apa rahsia kejelitaan ktk? Mum with 4 kids tapi u still look beautiful! Ya anak, ya mak nya. Apa rahsia kah? Share sikit lok.

Ida Athanazir said...

Nurul, the time will come...

kirana, terima lah kasih!

sik ada rahsia koh... just live a healthy life & the most important, be happy. how to b happy?? Find a good life partner. And I dont drink,dont smoke,dont go clubbing and dont wear makeup.... sik ada rahsia. Paling penting perasaan positive senantiasa & happy.Also,maintain ur weight, when u're overweight, u tend to look older, i think.

cik zazi said...

hey ida...ur daughter, ayu is the most resembles to u...lucky family u hv here...really like reading ur blog..keep it up ;)

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx... really appreciate the support!

ATHANAZIR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...