Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Get Needed Help


Hani Sofiya Athanazir now 10 years old, 
foto taken awhile ago on her 9th birthday


By yesterday, everyone was down with flu. I told my husband, "Usually, I'm the strongest one sayang... " Well, I spoke too soon. By last night, I felt that itchiness in my nose dahhhh... By morning, nose all runny. Pain, sakit, luka, burn, bump in the head, fever... Part of life. No pain , no gain ??? AH??! That I think would only apply for sports or studies etcs. 

Stupid. Very very stupid! Learned it the hard way. Who would carry weeks old baby in one arm and have a jug of just-boiled water in the other?? ME!!! And spill the super hot water all over the place, injuring myself.

My Hani (who's 10 now) was only about couple of weeks old. I wanted to go to the kitchen to pour hot water inside her cleaned milk bottle. I should have just left Hani on my bed but she was crying. By the time I got to the kitchen, the water had just finished boiling.

I think when you were in your confinement period, you're not just weak physically. You are actually weak mentally... I was not really thinking about anything else that time, I thought I could manage. Maybe that's why you should always have help during your recovering period. I guess, because it was clear afterwards that I wasn't thinking straight. Trying to do two things at one time, what was I thinking??

With Hani in my left arm, I picked the water jug with my right hand. I forgot to take off the cord. With the cord still attached to the jug & the other end still in the wall socket, I literally yanked the jug. With such force, water (hot hot water) flew out of the jug and splashed across the kitchen floor and onto my arm, from my wrist to my elbow... I could only stand there in silence, in pain (felt the burning sensation on my arm) with the jug and baby still in my arms! Thank god I did not let go of 'anything'. Maternal instinct, 'don't let go of a living baby in your arm'.

I looked at Hani, she was ok, Thank God! The hot water missed her little feet by inches. I put down the jug, walked to the bedroom and put Hani on my bed, grab my cell phone, went straight to the bathroom to run cold tap water on my arm. Called my husband and asked him to be home pronto!

I suffered 3rd degree burn on my arm. Hide the burn under my long sleeved shirt every time people came to visit. No, I didn't go to the hospital, got my arm healed by itself though I should have. Couldn't even shake my arm too much, it would hurt. Yeah, it was quite bad.

Never ever ever carry a baby and hot water with your other hand. Super Mummy?? Nah.... More like Stupid Mummy. Careful ya ... 

15 comments:

Mia's Mom said...

Salam Ida,

It is scary for a second. Syukur the hot water didn't get to Hani. Hopefully there's no scar in your arm. Well, it is not stupidity, Dear. You're right, we are quite instable (mentally as well) during confinement. This is a good advise to to-be mothers. (:-D

Willie said...

Ida,

That's the scariest thing to do. Luckily the hot water did not spilled over to the baby. And your daughter looks like you now. Hehehe

khairul onggon said...

Nasib bait sik kenak nya... bahya ya... should more careful kan.. Tp malang sik berbau, walaupun kekadang kita dah molah the best bah...

Selsema kah?? Kmk larii mun ada org selsema coz tauk betapa sengsara mun kenak sakit ya.... Larikkkkkkkk......!! :)

Ida Athanazir said...

M.Mom, no scar, thank god...

Willie, ya lah. dah kalo kuah tak tumpah ke nasi, mana lagi?

Khairul, lari sinun. main jauh jauh!

AmirFX said...

Yohh...Nasib... P ktk jgn lupak yg org laki pun ada part kedak ya juak bila tgh demam... Mun ada keja pun time ya mesti ada yg sik betul... P syukur baby ktk selamat n membesar dengan cantik dan sihat walafiat....

Miszchaon said...

Ida..be extra careful next time, ya!! Take care!

adalicious said...

waahh..nasib baik sgt x kena baby.
mentally tired kot sbb tu jd mcm lupa.huhu

TashadeNatasha said...

isk ngeri.

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

no, it wasnt stupid Sis, you said it yourself, you were both physically and mentally weak..with your baby crying, it's almost natural what you did was to get her the milk while pujuk'ing' her in your arms, sik sedar the jug masih on the cord..
nonetheless, i will definitely keep this in mind.:)

farah.loren said...

heehh. nasib sik kenak baby!! overestimate capability ah. lidah salu lukus tok. brg mkn panas2 alu mok rasa. kejeron bah.

alang said...

Waa. bz nye. nway selamat berkenalan

Ida Athanazir said...

Amir, aok, yg menar. Laki & pompuan,kita tok manusia. Ada masa palak mereng sikit,specially masa sakit & sik sihat

Miszchaon, thanx, i will...

Adalicious, mentally tired = lupa. Yeah, luckily, baby tak kena

Tasha, yeah, menakutkan

Ida Athanazir said...

Fee, yes. U're right, but still, it was stupid thing to do

Farah, betul lah ya, overestimate capability..

alang, hello

Si Penconteng said...

Ooo...sian kitak eh! Dah gi agak dokto/farmasis tek? Mbak ilek-ilek k, Kak Ida...

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx dear, sik ada mek pegi doctor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...