Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fit Like A Glove, love them!

my pair look a bit like these MNG jeans, medium rise & super skinny.

I could feel myself losing weight... think I weigh about 46 / 47 kg now. That's me whenever I'm down with fever/flu. The other day I saw a friend whom I've not seen for quite some time, the first thing she comment was how small (I don't like the word skinny, macam sakit jak) I was.

After I had Arman (who is 5 now), I thought I would never lose the fat around my waist & bum. And of course being over 30 years of age, that really makes sense. I was wrong, you could really loose the unwanted weight and fat...

It started last year when I was working at the restaurant. I was so busy usually lunch for me is at 2 or 3 pm. Then, when I got home, I'd be too tired to have dinner and with late lunch that I usually had, I would feel too full to eat. You see, what happened was I developed a habit of not eating much. That's why I stressed it in my tip, eating is a habit. Regular eating is a must but eating junks is a bad habit. But in my case, it is not a good thing either. Now don't get me wrong, I love food. I can eat a whole plate of whatever, but because of my eating habit, my stomach won't be able to take too much. It somehow only manage to take half the portion.

Not that I purposely wanted to develop that habit of eating... Then it was fasting month. We don't really eat much at 'sahur'. Just some toasts with milo. Me, sometimes I don't take anything at all, just plain water. And during last year's Ramadhan, we did not buy outside food. I cook like how we usually eat other months. No extra kuihs, no special ayam/ikan panggang or extra special dish. Then it was time for me to bake my cheesecakes for customers. Got some extra money to spend. I said to my husband, "Sayang, I want to get a new pair of jeans..." So, we went to Levi's store. Though I got the money to spend, I still didn't want to spend too much. There were discounted pairs on sale.

The girl asked me, "Kak, can I help you?" "Yes dear, do you have anything size 29 or 30??" I answered her. "Sorry kak, we only have the smaller sizes.... I think you should try size 27..." She suggested. "27? No, that wouldn't fit me." I said to her. Then my husband said, "Just try them on, it wouldn't hurt." I like shopping but I really don't like trying on, buka, pasang, buka, pasang, buka, pasang...... lelah lah.... So, I took the size 27 and put them on. Guess what??!! It did not fit!! Too big for me! My jaw dropped and I showed my husband the gap around my waist between the jeans. And the girl said, "I think you're a size 26 kak."

I didn't buy anything at Levi's. I went to MNG, a friend was telling me they have cool skinnies. I tried a pair of size S. They fit me like a glove and didn't cost as much as the Levi's. The first time my girls saw me in them they exclaimed, "Wah !! Mama wearing the Indie look... "

Still, my husband says he'd prefer if I put on a bit more weight... I said to him, "Then I would not be able to fit into my MNG... !" Ha ... haa.... silly , no? Anyways, I thought about getting another pair, this time maybe at Levi's.

20 comments:

Willie said...

No matter what size we are, we can still lose some weight if we want to. It is really disappointing for fat people when it comes to buying clothes. I had that experience before. But then, now, it is much easier for me to buy clothes after i lost a few pounds.

Anonymous said...

kamek agree. Jeans MNG memang cun !

AmirFX said...

Saiz S?! wow..! nang kecik lah bdn ktk kak....

Lynn said...

let's check it out, really cheaper?

Mia's Mom said...

I agree with you that it is possible to get back to your pre-pregnancy size. I know as I experienced it too. I am back to my "normal" size even after giving birth to my fourth (youngest, I hope) child (normal, I'm never above 45kg). However, now that I quit working and since I cook for all 3 meals plus something for tea, too, I started snacking. And, how right you are, Ida - my tummy started bulging (just my tummy - Goodness! & my proportion looks funny!) and now I'm striving hard to shave it off. I started my day with warm lime juice, a medium breakfast, little lunch and hardly any dinner (no snacking anymore). I'll inform you when I'm winning my battle (:-D

nurain said...

huaa...im impressed!

mau juga macam kamu kakak. nak loose weight. huu!

Al-Mualim Shah @ Dino~ said...

Argh..
even as a guy, kmk pn mok kurus.haihz..
nafsu makan nang xdpt control..

CoKeLaT-RaWkZ said...

Sabar jaklah ditunggah anak jadi indie mun jadi punker tek? hehhehe..

[z@ck] said...

kecik beno pinggang kak ida..
hehehe

Ida Athanazir said...

willie, jgn kurus gilak ...

Amir, ya lah, tok makin kecik. demam & sik ada mood mkn

lynn, yeah cheap for a pair of good jeans

Mia's mom, I look forward to hear about that victory!!

Ida Athanazir said...

Nurain, loose weight kerna nak sihat. Bukan semata mata kerna nak kurus

Dino, mun dah nama nafsu, memang susah nak control

choc rawkz, eh! Suka mkm ditunggah indie! hee hee...

zack, kecik besar kecik besar... saiz saya turun naik. Saiz m udah juga, L pernah jugak. But i like to stay like this. Ringan rasa bdn

farah.loren said...

skinny jeans is soooo in trend right now.
kamek sik skinny gasak jak skinny. betis "belor belor" kataa bapak kamek. ahha

Ida Athanazir said...

u GO girl!!!! bapak jelous lah!! LOL

FARIE said...

i suka MNG nyer skinny jeans.. hehe..
dem stylish..

Si Penconteng said...

Yerrr...suk nya eh. Ehehe.

KaDusMama said...

My waist is 25, but getting a nice jeans is very difficult as my bum is a lil too big for me...hahaha!!! How to find a nice, just nice jeans ah??

Ida Athanazir said...

Farie, stylish & rugged!!

S.penconteng.. ;D

K.Mama, wahhhh... so small ur waist. Ah yo! I also donno how to find jeans that fit u. You have to cuba cuba cuba.... buka pasang buka pasang buka pasang buka pasang... til they fit!!

n i e z a said...

first of, i love the model wearing the MNG jeans. rambut lasak sbelah tp sbelah gik panjang. nang stael..
secondly, ktk saiz 26? nang slim la ktk. saiz ya zaman kmk skolah menengah dolok jak pat ncerik. and im not even married yet! camni tuk? but i still love wearing skinny jeans tho, esp from MNG (thank God i have slimmer bottom part. hehe..)

Ida Athanazir said...

nieza, i also donno i got to that size... memang segala lemak ilang rasanya. that's y i can't stand cold weather, my husband told me i dont have enough fat to burn. Wear the skinnies slagik dapat!!

KaDusMama said...

Yeah..my waist is kecil..but before i had my kids, it was only 23..now, cannot go back to the ori size already..
Worst, bum also got bigger which make it more difficult for me to find just nice and fit jeans..*sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...