Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Never ASSUME, You Look Like an Ass




Really, some people just don't have better things to do but talk/gossip about other people and make all kind of stories. Last year, I just started work at this place as a Restaurant Manager, just 2 weeks being there a staff told me the other staffs were talking behind me back at their hostel. They said I was having a scandal... "What?? With who?" I asked S. "They saw you with a man after your shift outside the restaurant." S told me what she heard. The only person who came by was my husband, who came to fetch me after work late at night or late evening.

Then, there's the other fellow manager (D) ... He felt a bit threatened when I came in, his position was lower than mine but he was my senior, yet I earned more than him. And he was suppose to train me, that really pissed him off. So, he started stabbing my back. Trying to turn the staffs against me. Some of the staffs didn't buy him, they were not as stupid as he was. When you're trying to make your fellow colleague look bad, it actually reflects what kind of person you are.

In the end, when I brought the matter to our senior manager, we all sat down face to face. Ms H asked how we felt about one another. D started, he told Ms H he 'benci' (hate) me. I just sat there, listening quietly. So dumb! If you do actually hate someone, don't tell your superior you hate her/him. You look so so stupid. Then it was my turn, I said, "I don't 'hate' him Ms, hate is a very strong word. I think he is ok, we just had a very little misunderstanding (during one shift, he came & accused me membabi buta and I answered him back, he didn't like that.... that was all. Trying to show off his 'top authoritiness' which I ignored)."


It was revealed he 'hated' me because I didn't do my work well, he thought I've had a complete training already before I came into the restaurant. "Eh D! You don't know kah Ida has not finished her training?? You think she runs shifts already kah??" Ms H snapped at D. His eyes widened, speechless and looked darn stupid. All were pure pure misunderstanding. Not that I didn't know how to do my work, I still didn't know half the things that needed to be done. And he assumed I had a complete training. "Didn't you ask her?" Ms H asked D. D just kept quite. Sitting there looking like a donkey. Even the donkey looked smarter.

Never assume, you make an ASS out of U & Me. He was the ASS, not me!

14 comments:

khairul onggon said...

even the donkey look smarter kekekeke.. betul tu.. fitnah, dengki watsoever mmg dah jadi manusia yg berhati busuk, pikiran negatif...

Sib bait Madam K asked D... hehehe... sabar cik akak...

Kadus_Mama said...

Serve him right!!!
It was good of you to keep calm during the talk..!! I'm sure your boss has a good perception on you already.. :)

AmirFX said...

Deserve mena juak org ya perkataan ASS... Adaka madah pia ngn urang yg bok kenal... Next time mun cemya gik kelak better boh respond terus ngnnya... Saknya asa lonely...

The Fleece Master said...

Positive thinking like what u did helped u to bring the positive wave to the people around u and the surrounding. U did the rite thing =)

elcynthia 정래진 said...

"I ~benci~ her" ^^.
yeah.. i prefer the donkey^^

Ida Athanazir said...

khairul, org yg busuk ati & pikiran negatif ya memang ada masalah inferiority complex. his problem lah!!

K.mama, not my intention to show who look good or bad, just wanted to set things straight

Ida Athanazir said...

Amir, next time mmg sik da masa nak layan lah, buang masa dgn org gia

Fleece M, always think positive, I tried, most of the time. But heartache too. The trick is, dont make other people look bad. Let the others do that to u, u dont.

Ida Athanazir said...

Ely, ummm, u benci who??? kesian donkey kena lable stupid....

prihandoko said...

kadang marah itu perlu kok mbak Ida, harus dikeluarkan biar hati jadi lega

Ida Athanazir said...

marah jgn di lihat orang, marah tetap marah. Kita manusia, kalo disimpanin merana badan.

Sang Cerpenis bercerita said...

Sitting there looking like a donkey.
hmm....can't imagine....

Ida Athanazir said...

..... try

elcynthia 정래진 said...

Ida, i love the donkey^^ and i love you^^. was quoting actually with the ~benci~. sorry, sometime my ways of writing makes others confused^^.

Ida Athanazir said...

love u too Ely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...