Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It Was 20years Ago Today

It was today exactly 20 years ago that we first met, introduced by a friend of his. I still remember that day, it was late in the evening and me & my girl friends went out for a tea dance. Just like any ordinary introduction, no sparkle what so ever. But it left him curious about me ...

No telephone calls, no notes (hey, that time no sms or email), he just came by to my house about a week later to ask me out on a date. We went out, became close, fell in love and now, we're happily married with 4 children, alhamdulillah .... 

20 years sounds like a long time, but to me it seems like it was only yesterday. That scares me, another 20 years may just seem like a blink of an eye. Kids going to universities (I hope, all of them will ...), they will go out looking for jobs, marriages, grandchildren!! Hah! I'm going to be a nenek! OMG! When you're in your 20s, ageing seemed slower, but when you're in your 30s, 40 looks like it's just around the corner. People would ask me how old I am, I'd still have to ponder awhile. I can answer my kids' age in an instant but don't seem to register my own age. Dah babo juak kali.

Happy anniversary sayang!! I love you.

16 comments:

khairul onggon said...

wah... pasangan yg romantik.. happy anniversary to u and yur hubby Ida... :)

f.i.e.z.a said...

what a sweet story to read b4 i start my shift this morning.senyum2 gik kmk maca.hehe
congrats to u for having a wonderful hubby and beautiful kids..
God bless! :)

dilla.rose said...

congrats!!
:)

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx u guys!! amin amin ..... have a great day yourselves.

Willie said...

Happy Anniversary to You!

Elsa said...

wah senangnya...
Happy Anniversary to both of you

Ida Athanazir said...

Willie, thanx a lot

Elsa, ya, senang bangat nih. Enjoying my special day. Thanx for the wish.

KaDusMama said...

Happy anniversary to u and ur hubby and many more to come.. :)

Ida Athanazir said...

K.Mama, thanx dear. That's really sweet.

n i e z a said...

sis, u make 20 years sound like a short time. hope mine would be as wonderful & lovely as urs. happy anniversary to u & ur hubby. :)

Ida Athanazir said...

Nieza, thank you. Not all ups, lots of downs too, lidah lagi kan tergigit, apa gik suami isteri. But it's been a bliss!

mummysyafie said...

hahahaha...iboh babo dolok sis..

anyway, happy anniversary!! :)

Dian Maya Kirana said...

Before too late, congratz :)

Ida Athanazir said...

not too late Dian, thanx love!

Edo dot Com said...

happy anniversary...

Ida Athanazir said...

Thanx Edo, it's been a real blessing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...