Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Ringgit Kopi

My hubby went for a lunch meeting the other day. When he got back, naturally I asked him, "You've eaten sayang...?". "Already..." he answered with a smile. Actually, my question meant 'what did you eat?'. Haven't gotten the chance to ask him what he ate, in a whisper-like-but-shocked tone he said, "My goodness! You know how much was my coffee?! Ten ringgit a cup!". "Ya kaaaaa...?" I asked in little disbelief. "What did you eat?" I asked. "A seventeen ringgit sandwich served with some salad." "Few sandwiches ...?" I asked him. "NO, only one piece love." He answered, calmly. With tax, definitely would cost almost thirty hefty ringgits. To me, that's a lot, for a meal, for one person. Once in a while okay lah, but, ten ringgit coffee?? Well, it all depends on the venue, branded coffee definitely cost a tongue. I have never gone to any of those hip cafes. I'd like to but I have issues with expensive coffees and cocoas, they tend to trigger my migraine.... So, my husband always joke on that, "you're a saviour dear, we don't ever have to go get all those expensive coffees or chocolates." So sayang, you can keep that ten ringgit & buy me a one ringgit 'kopi' instead. Everyone happy, no migraine for the hubby, and no migraine for me.

A friend once gave us a box of imported chocolates. I had imported chocolates before, but maybe that particular brand was just not kind to my migraine. Two hours after having the chocolates it hit me like a raging bull on steroids and I basically see clouds, then you know the migraine is on the next bullet train in. Felt like your head being banged on the wall. So, since then, I try to avoid imported coffee & chocolates :(

A dear friend read one of my snippets (clothes for keeps) and she said that I'm the world's thriftiest person (...hey! but I'm no Donald duck's uncle Scrooge). You haven't heard the story how I do my laundry ... A 3kg powdered detergent can last me 2 months, maybe more.

I don't mind spending thousands (how I wish..) on jewelries (gold & diamonds), they have values. I also wouldn't mind spending a 50 or 100 ringgit for a good quality clothing item, or spend 200 ringgit on a good pair of Hush Puppies (last me forever), but a 17 ringgit sandwich is a bit silly. 

5 comments:

khairul onggon said...

Hi Ida.. thanks being my follower.. i'll follow uuuu.. hehehe.. congarts on yur 17th anniversary.. wow.. mcm sik cayak kmk.. menaing u kawen umo bile?? Kawen muda ka?? Niway.. salam kenalan.. selamat berblog.. hehe.. :)

Anonymous said...

sushi king is calling you then......ahhaha

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx khairul. Kawin when I was 18.... kahwin muda lah.

Noreen Ruszalin said...

i agree with u 100 percent!!!

elcynthia said...

RM17 for a single piece of sandwich?? Must be made out of gold or somewhat! hahahaha...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...