Thursday, February 19, 2009

Non-stop Errors

Open your eyes wide Ida! Hopefully less errors in the future.

Every time I go back to my posts, I will always find those typo errors. Really am getting older. But sometimes my fingers are just not as fast enough to catch up with what's coming out of my head. Then I would find missing words when I reread what I type, still, after posting them, my husband would tell me I might have missed some words. My grammar is also deteriorating ... I should read more.

When I was growing up, my mom didn't speak much English, my father did, specially when he was angry. And I listened a lot to oldies, The Bee Gees, Tom Jones, Paul Anka, Connie Francis, etc. Singing along to the songs truly helped me with my pronounciations in English. We speak in English in the house half the time, from what I read, you should train babies as young as 1 day old and should continue to speak different languages to them till they reach 1 year old. If the mother is chinese and the father is malay, and grandparents are indians, and each of these people speak their mother tongue to the baby, the baby will understand and able to speak 3 languages by the time he/she is a toddler.

I spent 5 years with chinese classmates when I was in secondary high school, understood a little bit what they were saying, but couldn't make out a sentence. What a waste! I know 'chiak peng', which means 'eat rice' ..... And quite a few words. Should have paid more attention and try to learn to speak chinese when I had the chance.

9 comments:

Gallivanter said...

We are all learning new things everyday. :-)

khairul onggon said...

Dear Borneo Love... eheks.. Kmk pun sik pandei gilak BI tok but bayk belajar dari lagu omputeh lah.. ada juaklah imrove english sikit2 hehehe.. Tp kmk paham org kakar omputih...

Ida Athanazir said...

Indeed, everyday we meet new people, go to new places, and learn more each day.

Khairul, kmk pun masih belajar belajar juak. Lagu omputeh helps!

prihandoko said...

Hai Ida, it's better for you to learn so many thing, until someday, you'll share it to the other

Kristina Dian Safitry said...

aku juga mau belajar biar tambah pinter seperti ida,he..he..

Mama Mia said...

To have the ability to be multi-lingual is a big advantage. :)

Ida Athanazir said...

belum cukup pinter... pihandoko said learn more, true, i love to share with others.

i wish i could speak french!!

elcynthia said...

Arabic was a compulsory subject in my school from form 1 up to form 3. after three years, all that managed stick in my head was 'assalamualaikum, ustaz' and 'shukrania ustaz'. Yea, wasted all that 3 years... *sigh*

Ida Athanazir said...

Ely, Arabic not easy to master ... we didn't have that during my time.

Would like to learn another language, but dont have time to spare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...