Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mute Love


One of our special days has arrived. No, not the V day, it's our 17th Wedding Anniversary ... Just so happen we wanted to wed on a Friday and that next coming Friday was the 14th February.

Can't plan so much for today as I'm booked by 3pm. Mom & dad had organized a religious class on every Saturday nights and this afternoon I'll be helping mom to make 'bubur ayam' to be served after Isya' prayers. Between Maghrib & Isya', Ustaz Masud will do a Q & A segment. I learned a lot last week about the proper way to do 'solat', a lot of people make bits of mistakes here and there, so have I. Some questions I had were answered.

I don't think we'll be going out today, so, we'll just have lunch at home. Got lots to be done at home before the afternoon.

17 years is a long time, but it feels like it was only yesterday. We have been so blessed and happy throughout the years, and hopefully for more years to come. I know how lucky I am to have my husband, not many women have the opportunity to be united with a wonderful man. He is everything every woman would want in a husband. But can be super jealous too! And he also has a bit of a temper. But that's ok, I know he loves me very much. Whenever he's jealous (then he gets angry), I always tolerate it and understand his feelings. He'll cool down in awhile, just don't make him angrier. In a relationship, you both can't be the 'fire'. One always has to give in, in our case, it's me. Well, not all the time, but most of the time. If I'm angry, I don't say much, I mean I really don't say much. I can stay mute for days (merajuk la...). He asked one, I answered one. I can be very very quiet and I know he hates it. 

I once asked him, "Do you like it when I don't say anything whenever we have a misunderstanding?" "No, I don't. I want you to say something." He told me. "But if I say something, or talk back to you, it's gonna make you angrier, right?" I said. He just smiled. But I know it kills him whenever I go mute. 17 years into our marriage, I think they're only two occasions that I actually used my high tone voice with him when we argued, most of the time I would answer once then, go mute.......  Love you sayang & Happy Anniversary!

9 comments:

elcynthia said...

Happy 17th Anniversary to you & your husband.. ^^

f.i.e.z.a said...

happy anniversary sis!

*kmk mun majuk camya juak.i'll go mute for days.kelak sejok dikpun oo? :)

Athanazir MK said...

...hate the mute button on the remote! jealous? can't help it Dek, but i'll try, ...yalah nikah ngan urang qacaq ...hehehe. My all...

Ida Athanazir said...

Ely, thanx!!

Fieza, tapi mun belum kawin, jgn lamak lamak gilak majuk mute!!

Sayang, hee hee.... nang suka kamek dipuji kacak! Sapa sik suka kenak puji!!

khairul onggon said...

Happy 17th Anniversary to you 7 yur husband.. korang tetap romantik.. hehehe..

n i e z a said...

hope my marriage will stand the test of time, just like yours..
happy 17th anniversary, kak ida! :)

Ida Athanazir said...

Khairul, thanx! Romantik mesti selalu, kalau boleh, sampai tua!!

Nieza, thanx. InsyaAllah, doakan selalu for your own happiness. Wish you the best too!

DrSam said...

Happy 17th Wedding anniversary. Will love is always on the air!

Ida Athanazir said...

Thanx Doc!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...