Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Smart Mouthed Teenagers

The last time I wrote was almost a month ago. Been so busy with the kids, my hubby been away since Christmas so it was just me keeping things going. 

Make sure the kids are well fed, don't forget to feed Oden (our Persian), don't forget to lock the doors, the car, get bread for breakfast, think what to cook for lunch & dinner, do laundry (washing machine still broken, have to make do.... however you have to do it), make sure enough snacks for hungry children (they are ALWAYS hungry), make sure always have enough cash in hand, make sure uniforms for school are ready, drive 3 kids to school (leave the house at 6:15am, arrive back home an hour later,sometimes 6 days a week), fetch the 3 girls at 1pm and 3pm or 5pm, sometimes, each at 1pm 2pm 3pm. So, I'm the 'muka jeraya'. Tiring.... yes, I sometimes fell asleep by 8pm, one time missed dinner. But we are the parents, it's our responsibility.

2 weeks ago the girls wanted to go see a mini concert by a popular group called Hujan (I love them too). Drove them to the venue at 1pm but Hujan only emerged 7 hours later! I was worried because it was school the next day but I just let them. Called them at 4pm, 6pm, 7pm then finally Hujan was done and fetched them at 8:30pm. But that night, some areas were flooded after the rain poured non stop for 3 days so can u imagine the jam, like really bumper to bumper. I let the girls have a bit of fun sometimes. SOMETIMES. They're facing major exams this year but they are teenagers. It's not like they are 12 or 10. They are 15 & 17 and they talk back to you! Oh My God! I have to understand that they are growing adults, with smart mouths! I try to be very cool about things and trying to be a sporting mom. Strict at the same time, but be a friend too. The other day, Ayu, my eldest showed me a note a boy gave her. A list of 30 things what he likes bout her. I told Ayu, "Wow, he really likes you.... ". "Yeah, I know ma... " She said. I want them to be able to tell me everything.... Seri has a steady boyfriend, they are celebrating their first year together this Feb, I asked her what are her plans for that day? "Don't know yet la ma, no money how to go on date....". So cute..... I lay out the rules, one date a month, no night dates, if they are 'red' numbers on report cards, grounded till end of year. "Ma!! That's too much, one month enough lah... ". I guess a whole year is too much don't you agree... ?? I said, study and fun must be balanced. I keep reminding them, "Have I ever stopped you guys from going out with friends?" I was a teenager myself, I know how it's like.... 

My hubby came back yesterday, he said my ankle only as big as his wrist. Honestly, when he wasn't around, I hadn't had much appetite to eat. The kids kept me busy, so I was too busy to miss him, which is good. But there were times, lots of it actually, benar-benar kangan banget!! It was worse for him though, pity him. He wished sometimes he could hear the kids arguing noisily when he was sitting all alone in the empty house. Happy he's back home. Sooooo happy!!!

2 comments:

f.i.e.z.a said...

welcome back sis!it been long since d last time i heard from u.keep on posting. :)

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx love! you're a sweetheart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...