- Eating salty foods ~ sodium can leave you puffy. The rudest awakening comes from the MSG that's often found in Chinese food and soy sauce (yikes ! I love soy sauce, with cili padi). Beware of sauces in general, they're just minefields of salt.
- Piling on makeup ~ too much foundation sinks into fine lines and masks your natural glow, making you look older. Also skip too bright cheek color, the contrast can further wash you out.
- Sleeping face down ~ fluid pools in your tissues, so you puff up. Sleep on your back.
- Wearing reddish shadow ~ eye makeup with red undertones (roses,plums,browns) plays up redness in eyes. Better to go with black liner.
- Not enough water ~ dehydration puts you on the fast track to looking prune like. Have a glass of water at bedtime.
3 Fast Beautifiers :
- Store face cream in the fridge - the coldness temporarily tightens pores, making skin look smoother.
- Really soften up - break open an egg, then put the yolk on dry spots, rinse off.
- Radiate - apply tinted moisturizer, sweep shimmer powder on cheekbones and brow bones.
Improve your skin :
- Put down the doughnuts ~ fried, fatty food trigger the production of free radicals. These nasty little buggers harm cells, making skin more susceptaible to sun damage, and eat away at collagen, the stuff that keeps skin young & plump. Eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon, walnuts and eggs, and brightly colored produce like dark, leafy greens and berries. They minimize damage and give you clearer, smooter skin.
- Exfoliate, but not too much ~Exfoliate a minimum of once a week, but never so often that skin feels scratchy or raw. "No pain, no gain" does not apply here.
STOP DIETING ! DIET IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD,
DON'T DO IT.
RESTRICTIVE EATING ONLY SLOWS YOUR METABOLISM.
5 things to eat (and drink) more of :
- VEGGIES ~ veggies , colorful veggies
- LEAN PROTEIN ~ It's what will keep you feeling satisfied. Think chicken breast or fish
- GOOD FATS ~ like the unsaturated ones found in avocados, nuts and olive oil
- HEALTHY CARBS ~ the whole grain and unprocessed kind
- WATER ~ clear plain water
... more tips in Love Body