Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Money Matters




me in my 'vacation' home, great teak furnitures, piles of mails, kids' stuffs lying around, love in the air .... 







I can see the hard times are coming my family's way, but whatever it is, ever since our first child to the forth my hubby always manage to feed us all very well. Not much vacations, no birthday gifts, no fancy dinners .... as long as we are together, that's what matters most.

Hani (my 3rd daughter, just turned 10) was telling me her friends are going on trips during the school holidays. But, my kids somehow understand our situation. I don't hear them wanting this, wanting that, wanna buy this, wanna have that. It is not all so bad but believe it or not I have not gone to K.L. for almost 10 years. The last time was when Hani was celebrating her 1st birthday. My hubby would go alone on business trips and he would bring back gifts for each of us. I don't care so much though for not able to go on vacations, I've created a great ambiance in my home so we can eat, sleep, watch tv and chill as if we're on vacations. Well, of course I don't have the ocean view or the palm trees at sight but I love sitting in my living room enjoying watching tv with the kids, flipping thru magazines while sipping my hot coffee.

Life is tough, what's important for us parents is to look after our kids well. Though sometimes financially tight, me & my hubby never argue anything relating to finance. We have arguments, usual stuffs but never bout money. Sounds like he will have to be in K.L. for awhile, I will miss him, we all will.

8 comments:

f.i.e.z.a said...

yup dats true kak ida.dlok kmk pun x penah mintak apa2 dari parents..bila ada rezeki barukla g holiday jaoh2 kit.sethn sekali kmpom g damai beach.hehhe..asal kumpol sama2 bah oo..

Ida Athanazir said...

sama lah kita tok. pi mun dapat apa dipintak kids i want to give them.

Kadus_Mama said...

hey..just want to wish you and your family a wonderful new year 2009..

Azmi said...

Happy awal muharam and New Year Kak ida...

When I have kids kelak, i want them to laern a thing or two from your kids...

:)

prihandoko said...

happy new year Ida, wish you and your family the best

★ Kobie Vanessa ★ said...

wow ida, you look so young, mind if I know ur age? hv a nice day :)

Ethel said...

You have a very pretty, clean face. :)

Hey you know what they say? Home is where the heart is. Vacationing alone at a grand place is nothing like vacationing at home with all your loved ones around you.

Happy new year, Ida!

Ida Athanazir said...

thanx all for the lovely wishes. I am 36 this year and proud of it. Happy belated new year to all....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...