Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Green Gossip

They say when you stay home, you have a lot of time to do lots of things. Well, sometimes I just don't want to do anything at all. What I mean doing nothing is flipping through magazines and watch tv.
I clean up around the house, that's what housewives do. Yesterday I pulled the weed and lalang on my front yard. I wouldn't really call it a yard, because the area is only about 3 by 6 feet. We tried to grow good grass on it but the lalang got in the way. Keep mowing it but the lalang would just shoot up again and again within days. I had an idea, I tried pulling the lalang using a plyer. It worked! The lalang came out with it's root....hhmmmm... puas hati .. I also tried growing plant/flowers, just didn't work out. I've been told I don't have the 'green hands'.
Whenever I go outside to do a bit of cleaning and weed pulling, I would take a peek first each time before I step out. The lady next door, the folks around our neighbourhood call her TV3. What she does, I mean likes to do is whenever she has a new 'story' to share, she would go 'visit' some neighbour and start chit chatting. I don't like to bump into her, if I did ... she would start by saying, "Hey Ida, how is it going? You know .... ". I don't want to be rude so had to layan each time, that's why my lalang would grow and grow and grow. Only if the coast is clear, then I would tend to my little yard. I really don't like gossiping bout other people, yes, she might be the one who does the talking, and I would be ... "oh ya? Really ? hhmm.... yes......" Still, I'd rather mind my own business.

4 comments:

★ Kobie Vanessa ★ said...

heheh funny coz my neighbourhood oso got a group of these kind of "makcik2" who love to melepak and mengumpat..me oso kena, we called them "CNN" coz they know almost anything happen in the negbrhd.. :)

Ida Athanazir said...

hhmmmm.... at least your makcik2 don't live right next door to you!

Noreen Ruszalin said...

i pun ada lah neigbour macam nih. sibok jaga tepi kain org..kain sendiri taknak jaga. heheheh. nice to have a neoghbour like u =)

Ida Athanazir from Kuching, Sarawak said...

same here dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...