Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Goodbye Neighbour, Al-Fatihah

I had a lovely Raya Haji with my family. We arrived at my mom's house at 10 in the morning, and found my mom exhausted. Not easy preparing laksa Sarawak you know. Her kuah laksa tasted great, rich and creamy and very tasty. Then, we're off to abg's aunty, Chi' Idot's house. She too cooked laksa Sarawak. At mom's, I had two servings and at Chi' Idot's I also had two servings. Then I got this terrible headache after few hours digesting the four bowls of yummy laksa Sarawak. Just can never get enough. Took two tablets of panadols later.

This morning we found out our neighbour Mak Haji Dayang had passed away, peacefully, yesterday evening. She was a very old lady but still went out to pasar and visited family members whenever she had the chance. Yesterday (on Raya Haji), she went to visit a family member at a kampung nearby and just suddenly fell unconscious. When they got her to the hospital, the doctor told her family members she must have passed on during the ride to the hospital.

We've been neighbours since I was in primary school. I can still hear her voice calling out to her son asking him to come back home when it was already too late in the evening. His youngest son's name is Iskandar, she called him Kanda or Andoi. She would yell from her balcony, "Ooo Kanda, pulang gik, dah Maghrib ya.... !!!". Then Andoi would answer, "Ya dinda ... ." Still tickles me whenever I thought of it. Abang said this morning, "We're gonna miss her voice.... ". These days she would yell for the grandsons to come back home. I'm sure she's gonna be greatly missed ....

4 comments:

n i e z a said...

Al Fatihah to her.may she rest in peace.AMIN.

Kadus_Mama said...

May her spirit rest in peace..

Noreen Ruszalin said...

I never actually tasted laksa sarawak before, sure nice.

Ethel said...

May her soul rest in peace. It always sadden me whenever someone I know passed on. But then again.. that's life.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...