Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ayu The Great


I had Ayu when I was 19. We were young but jodoh dah sampai ... Alhamdulillah, we're still so crazy in love. Sometimes people think we are lovebirds, macam boyfriend & girlfriend. Ne endak, bejalan bekepit-kepit, giggle giggle. I still like to keep the romance alive, even after 19 years together (next April we'll be celebrating our 20years together). We are each other's best friend and lover.

Ayu is a great daughter, the only time she's been 'bad' was the first 2 months of her life. Not bad in a bad way. She stayed up all night and cried. It was hard for me to rest properly, I was having a baby for the first time & it was exhausting and stressfull. Ayu is 16 this year. All I remember, she was a happy toddler and a very obedient little kid. When I had my second daughter (Seri), Ayu suddenly had to be independent, at 2 years of age. Never cranky, never demand for anything, very-very helpful and always an easy child to take care of. When we were living in KL, we would go out to town and rode the Intrakota. She was only 2 or 3 that time but she would walk round KL with us like adults. We'd leave the house around noon and would get back home around 9 pm and she never cried or throw tantrums. Our outings were always pleasant and fun. She would just fall asleep in the cab on the way back home.

When I had Arman, Ayu was sitting for her UPSR that year. Ayu was like a second mom to Arman, it came naturally to her. Sometimes she would 'dodoi' Arman to sleep, carrying him in her arms and cradling  and rocking him to sleep. Sometimes when I came back from work after 5, I would find Ayu carrying sleeping Arman and her books scattered on the coffee table. I was so worried for her exams. They all stayed at their grandparents till I came back from work. My in laws had 2 maids but Ayu loved to help to take care of baby Arman. She's always happy to help her younger siblings, I am so lucky to have her as my daughter. When her UPSR result came out, I never thought she would score straight As. All I told her, "No Cs please. As long as there are no Cs, mama is happy." I was happy beyond words. Yes, I am a proud mother. A very proud mother to my 4 children.

8 comments:

Noreen Ruszalin said...

oh wow! u're so lucky =)

farah.marzuki said...

they are lucky too ! having such a great mom. mun la mak kamek polah blog hal kamek. wah bunga2 rasa ati. eheh.

n i e z a said...

20 years still going strong & children to die for? im green wif envy.

Kadus_Mama said...

:) Soooo sweet!!! Me envy too coz' my kids now are like cat and dog..fought almost all the time..

Ida Athanazir from Kuching, Sarawak said...

i think it's the breast milk , LOL

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Haih, i wanna get married now! hahaha!

Azmi said...

Kak Ida,

Mas and I really love your blog...

You and Abang Atan are wonderful parents who have raised such well-rounded children.

Reading your blog always puts a smile on my face (especially bila tengah penin palak molah kerja di ofis)...

Send our love to everyone...

Ida Athanazir from Kuching, Sarawak said...

Azmi thanx ....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...